Worldline Group S.A., its affiliates and subsidiaries, (together WORLDLINE or we/us/our) are committed to safeguarding your right to privacy and your personal data. This Privacy Notice aims at informing you on the Personal data we process, how we collect it, why we use it and how long we do it, who we might share it with and what your rights are.
If you are one of our customers, merchants, or suppliers, our contract with you will contain further information on how we use your data.
If you are a consumer, we recommend that you also read the privacy notice of the merchant with which you did business to understand how they process your Personal data.
The Website may contain links to other third-party websites (for instance, for registration purpose to events organized by third parties). If you follow a link to any of those third-party websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies or processing of your personal data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to such third-party websites.
1. Information we may collect about you
We will collect and process all or some of the following personal data about you:
- Information you provide to us personal data that you provide to us such as when you complete a form on our Website, including but not limited to, your name, email address, phone number, country and company (and/or the industry your work in). We may also process information on your education and work experience in connection with a job opening at WORLDLINE for which you wish to be considered. You may also provide us with your contact details, address and bank details to enable us to perform a contract you have entered into with us or to make payments to you in relation to goods or services you provide to us;
- Correspondence and other communications if you contact us by telephone, letter or by email, we will typically keep a record of that correspondence or communication;
- Survey information and feedback, we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes or to provide feedback that we use to develop and improve our product and service offering. In such circumstances we shall collect the information provided in the completed survey/feedback request;
- Website and communication usage details of your visits to the websites and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies including, but not limited to, your IP address and domain name, your browser version and operating system, browser language, access time, traffic data, location data, web logs, movements on the website, referring web site addresses and other communication data. We may also collect information about the pages you view within the Website and other actions you take while visiting us. In addition, we may also use such technologies to determine whether you’ve opened an e-mail or clicked on a link contained in an e-mail.
- Information from third parties we may also be provided with your information from other sources, for example from our affiliate companies or business partners in relation to business opportunities or from search engines, credit reference companies or government agencies, in relation to our due diligence processes.
2. Uses of your personal data
In this section, we set out the purposes for which we use personal data that we collect and hold and, in compliance with our obligations, especially under European privacy law, identify the “legal grounds” on which we rely to process the information.
We use your Personal data only when we have a valid legal basis to do so. Depending on the circumstance, we may rely on your consent or the fact that the processing is necessary to fulfil a contract with you, protect your vital interests or those of other persons, or to comply with law. We may also process your Personal data where we believe it is in our or others’ legitimate interests, taking into consideration your own interests, and rights.
To communicate effectively with you and conduct our business, including to fulfil your requests:
We might use your personal data in order to effectively respond to your contact request; your registration request to events organized by us; or to your appointment request with one of our experts; to respond to your request for proposal or offer if you are interested in doing business with us; or we may contact you if we are interested in doing business with you; to respond to your job application; to otherwise communicate with you; or with other internal and external parties concerning you; or to carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us.
When we use your information for these purposes, we often base such use on your prior and informed consent, or on contractual necessity (which means we will not be able to fulfil our part of an agreement without using your data to do so), or on our legitimate interests (which means we have legitimate business interests that we wish to protect and cannot do so without using your Personal data).
To provide you with access to restricted Website areas:
In order to provide you with an online account and access to restricted areas, where you have filled in a form to create an account on our Website.
When we use your information for these purposes, we base such use on contractual necessity (which means we will not be able to facilitate access to the restricted areas without using your data to do so), or on our legitimate interests (which means we have legitimate business interests that we wish to protect and cannot do so without using your Personal data).